Negotiated rates officially expired in early May. However, you may still be able to receive the conference rate if you call. Mention “ICTD Conference.”
Booking links and contact information for each site are available below.
The conference accepts no liability or responsibility for any problems with the accommodations listed below, but they are all routinely used by guests of the University of Michigan.
These are nice rooms – student housing at American universities is on a upswing as a site of privilege. Location is very convenient for conference events. Check-in time is limited, however, and staff is not available 24 hours a day. No associated parking.
- $57.70 per night – single room (one bed each), with bathroom shared by 3 rooms
- $156.50 per night – double suite (four beds each), with shared bathroom. Per-bed cost could be $39.13 per night if shared by four people. You could also split it between two people for $78.25 a night. Caveat: one person must book and pay, even if n people are staying.
We may be able to block additional rooms, if they run out. If you don’t see availability, please send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org .
These are recently renovated rooms for student housing. Location is very close to the banquet site and not far from the conference venue. Check-in time is limited, however, and staff is not available 24 hours a day. No associated parking.
- $57.70 per night – single room with in-room private bath
Online bookings have closed. They may still have rooms left, but you must call them at +1 (734) 764-0185.
These accommodations are in the same building as the conference venue. That could be good or bad depending on your perspective. One of the rare venues where free parking is available.
- $135 + tax per night – single occupancy
- $145 + tax per night – double occupancy
- Go to https://uunions.umich.edu/league/inn .
- Click “Book a Room with a Credit Card”.
- Enter desired dates by hand MM/DD/YYYY in check-in/out fields. (Do NOT use the calendar — apparently it doesn’t work.)
- Enter ICTD2016 in the “Group Code” search box.
- Click “Search.”
- Select room type among available options and follow prompts to complete online reservation.
In case of problems or questions: Phone +1 (734) 763-6844 or email email@example.com; mention that you are reserving a room held for “ICTD2016.”
This is a newly renovated full-service hotel that is very conveniently located for all conference activities.
- $171 per night – graduate room single/double occupancy, either one king bed or two queen beds
- $181 per night – deluxe room single/double occupancy, either one king bed or two queen beds
Online reservations have closed. However, the negotiated rates above may still be available if you call: +1 (800) 666-8693.
This is a brand new full-service hotel that is in downtown Ann Arbor, and a 15-20 minute walk to the conference venue.
- $199 per night – suite, single/double occupancy, king bed and sleeper sofa
Other accommodation options where rooms are not being held by the conference:
Ann Arbor Bed & Breakfast – a local B&B with a lot of character; very convenient for conference venue.
Bell Tower Hotel – a local hotel that refused to hold rooms for ICTD2016; very convenient for conference venue.
Embassy Hotel – one of the oldest hotels in Ann Arbor; located downtown, but a 15-20 minute walk from conference venue. Low cost ($42 per night?); shared bathrooms. You are encouraged to read online reviews before booking. Phone for reservations: +1 (734) 662-7100.
AirBnB – AirBhB lists a number of options, mostly in the $50-100 per night range. For an AirBnB map with the conference venue at the center, AirBnB for ICTD2016. (Not recommended unless you are already a regular and happy user of AirBnB.)